Social medial marketing tips that improve ROI
ROI, or return on investment, is often reflected in a social media campaign. It’s the ability to create new leads. In other words, how many conversions did you receive from your advertisement? How many people clicked on your advertisement and signed up for your e-mail newsletter, bought your product or used the coupon for an early entry to your business webinar? Conversion is what it is, essentially.
One way to increase ROI is through Facebook’s life events. This is where someone posts something on Facebook that is a milestone for them. For instance, a Facebooker just posted a life event that she had a baby. Buy Buy Baby, a store-centric to infants and young children may appear as an advertisement in their Facebook feed. This store is trying to create a lead with the woman that posted her life event. Should that woman buy anything from that store, she is now a conversion. This means the woman has turned into a customer.
It’s vital that you remember the 80-20 rule for ROI. Customers do not like to be spammed on any social network. If they get too much spam, they will unfollow you and you’ll lose them for good. So, keep your content 80 percent organic and original. Post content that has few advertisements. Post behind-the-scene pictures of your company, fun polls or quizzes, or a video that you created. The other 20 percent can be promotional content. Share a promotional post about your product, a contest you’re running for a free product or a giveaway that is coming up within the next few weeks. If you only sprinkle in promotional content, your customer is more likely to be loyal.
Engage and interact with your customers. It doesn’t matter if they don’t ask a question. They could simply leave a statement that’s only a few words. Customers like to feel acknowledged. They like to feel that someone else is on the other side of that business page. If their comment goes ignored, what are they left to think? They believe: 1) the page was abandoned; 2) the owner of the page is aloof or 3) the business owner hides behind their brand. And why shouldn’t they? Put your customers on a pedestal. Treat them like royalty. Give them respect and engage with everything they do. If you’re too busy for social media, hire a social media manager. You shouldn’t let any comment go unattended past 24 hours.
It’s also important to stick to a schedule. If you post content every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday—make sure your customers realize new content will only be posted on these days. Posting content outside of these days will confuse them. If you drop off the radar and don’t post on Wednesday, they’re going to be confused. Should you not be able to post on a scheduled day—tell the customer why. I’m having my wisdom teeth pulled, my child (or spouse) is in the hospital, or sorry—things have been super hectic at work/home. At least now they know why you haven’t delivered on the content.
Finally, don’t be afraid to use paid promotions. I’ve noticed recently on Instagram and Facebook that it doesn’t push my content to a business page. This is frustrating but there’s a good reason. These two social networks want you to promote your content. Facebook charges $5 to boost content, while Instagram is around the same price. While this would certainly get you more views, it takes skilled budgeting and keyword tracking to make sure it’s effective. I recommend trying it for a week. Pick one post on each network (although, when you advertise on Facebook you have the option to post to Instagram). You can market on the other social networks as well, but I have never done it and can’t speak for their rates. Increasing your ROI is going to boost your customers and your sales. It’s all about conversions and how many people click on those links to make a purchase. But all in all, it’s going to be good for your business.